The Summer Intern Program provides short-term assistance to Airports Authority Offices and allows Summer Interns opportunity to gain on-the-job experience. In addition to the work they produce, Summer Interns are a potential recruitment source for full-time positions.
Airports Authority Summer Interns are hired from local and non-local universities.
The 2018 program runs from May 29 through August 10.
The positions are divided among most Office functions. Accordingly, your major (pre-major) must align with one of the following fields/functions:
- Business Administration/Economics/Mathematics/Property Management
- Aviation/Aeronautical Management
- Criinal Justice/Fire Science/Political Science
- Communications/Public Relations/Journalism
- Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Construction, Environmental and Engineering Management)
- Computer Science/IT (Please specify your IT skillset)
- Emergency Management
- Human Resources (HRIS)
- Supply Chain Management
- Please respond to a specific job ad
Positions are located at the Corporate Office Building (Crystal City, VA), Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Washington Dulles International Airport, or the Metrorail Project Office (Herndon, VA). See each job ad details for the specific location and functional area.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college/university at the time of application.
- Have a major (pre-major) that aligns with one of the functional areas indicated in the “Positions” section above.
- Possess Microsoft Office Skills (please specify)
- Provide your own housing and transportation.
- Meet the requirements outlined in the vacancy announcement for the position in which you apply.
Pay and Work Hours
Summer Interns are paid at an hourly rate and are eligible for the Commuter Transit Subsidy benefit, which allows for a predetermined monthly subsidy when using public transit. Summer Interns are ineligible for pay on holidays and may not work more than 40 hours per week.
Selected Summer Interns are required to undergo a background check. Those who pass successfully are made a Final Offer.
How to Apply
Summer Intern job ads will be posted online at www.mwaa.com beginning mid - January 2018 and will run for an approximate 3 week period.
Once the jobs are posted online you can apply by clicking here
Once the application process is completed, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be conducted to determine if you meet the basic qualification requirements. You must complete the Assessment Questionnaire. Your resume and application are then compared to your assessment questionnaire responses. If a determination is made that your application does not support your responses in the assessment questionnaire, your application will not receive further consideration for this announcement. Applicants who meet the qualifications will be screened for further consideration.
For questions regarding the Summer Intern Program, please contact the Program Manager:
Deborah (Debbie) Williams